Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

watching people using linux for the first time
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: watching people using linux for the first time

watching people using linux for the first time

hahah right now my friend is on my main computer trying to install morpheous for windows because he doesn't understand my computer only has linux. Its interesting watching someone so used to windows trying to use the kaza media shell to download songs, not to mention this person is rather stupid. Hes even putting in windows games and other windows apps trying to get them working. Oh god this is humerous

Re: watching people using linux for the first time

Muhahaha! This is one of the reason I like Linux: most folks can't mess anything up, because they don't have the apprpriate rights, while on Windows 9X/Me one can do whatever he feels like. And most people I know who use NT/2000/XP have given their normal user administrator rights: what's the point?

I have a friend who likes to send things in zip format, which is fine because one can decompress a zip file in linux. But he likes to make them self-extracting executables so I told him I can't open those so now he sends the executable with out the .exe extension and told me to just add the .exe and double click on it. Talk about having no clue

I have a friend who likes to send things in zip format, which is fine because one can decompress a zip file in linux. *But he likes to make them self-extracting executables so I told him I can't open those so now he sends the executable with out the .exe extension and told me to just add the .exe and double click on it. *Talk about having no clue
    I'm not too sure, but I think that you can use unzip to extract the content of a self-extracting file. Don't quote me on that though, because I'm not sure. But I remember doing it with Quake2: unzip q2-linux-1.34b.exe

I have a friend who likes to send things in zip format, which is fine because one can decompress a zip file in linux. *But he likes to make them self-extracting executables so I told him I can't open those so now he sends the executable with out the .exe extension and told me to just add the .exe and double click on it. *Talk about having no clue
    Try using wine to extract the .exe file, and show him how superior Linux is!!! *;D

Then he started saying how horrible linux is and what not. It made me mad but I didn't have a way to make him think linux was better. All he cares about is how fast he can download and burn music for free. He also thought it was so old because of the console. With the kazaa media shell he typed in to do a search for songs then he tryed double clicking on the results that came up.

With the kazaa media shell he typed in to do a search for songs then he tryed double clicking on the results that came up.
    Thats what my friends tried to do last time they came over
    they didn't ever think of trying the keyboard until I came in the room and found them cursing the computer

"Your computer's broken!"
    "Oh really?"
    "Yeah, there's no start button."

'nuff said

I've never really showed anyone my Linux box (I'm a newbie user, 17 days) but I've got a friend who has an account on it. He just had to arrange the icons so it reminds him exactly of Windows. Geeze!

Once a friend walked in on me while I was compiling the kernel.... He said "What the hell is going on with your computer"