Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

100% windows free
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100% windows free

100% windows free

No more Windows on my box, 100% RedHat.
    I am also buying a 2nd box that will be running
    Slack.

Re: 100% windows free

cool 8)
    im win free for a month now .. its great now it reboots when *I* want

My hardware is crapping out more often than Debian is. *(sorry, there was no other purpose to this reply other than to get a plug in for Debian because Debian and apt just rock and the only thing that comes close is FreeBSD and its ports system.)

So yeah, I've been with Debian GNU/Linux for about three years now and I've been quite happy with Debian. *I've not been happy with the hardware that Debian's on, but that's ok, I can handle it... *Ok, I need new hardware, fast. *Debian would run so much smoother with more stable hardware. *Did I mention that I really like Debian?

8) Debian 8) is tres c00l

But I'm stuck in sucky Wintendo right now !

ARGGHH

My hardware is crapping out more often than Debian is. *(sorry, there was no other purpose to this reply other than to get a plug in for Debian because Debian and apt just rock and the only thing that comes close is FreeBSD and its ports system.)

So yeah, I've been with Debian GNU/Linux for about three years now and I've been quite happy with Debian. *I've not been happy with the hardware that Debian's on, but that's ok, I can handle it... *Ok, I need new hardware, fast. *Debian would run so much smoother with more stable hardware. *Did I mention that I really like Debian?
    8) Debian 8)

Debian rocks. I just have a few more kinks worked out, and then I'll be able to get rid of windows as well. The longest I went without booting windows was about 4 months... I'm trying to break that record now

Well it's about time. I've been a serious Linux user for a year this month. I've went from SuSE to Debian (the ultimate Linux) to FreeBSD (perhaps the ultimate unix). I guess I'm technically not a Linux user anymore but I think of myself as one.

For the last few months I had to have Windows because my printer wasnt supported in it because I shared my pc with my brother. His classes is over so I got to kill Windows. FreeBSD is an awesome OS, many Linux distro's are awesome. For some reason, no matter what I try I always go back to RedHat.

Linux on the same hdd with Windows, how could you?! :'( Just kidding, I do understand that most people dual boot but not me . I had enough parts to build a machine that is almost exactly up to par with my Win box. I'm on Windows right now cause I can't seem to get cookies to function properly in Konqueror (browser of choice, I'm a sucker for eye candy). This Christmas I'll be making my first jump to a 1ghz system, without Windows. Linux needs the speed and I don't play that many games. The ones I do can probably be played with WineX or will work on a 466mhz Celeron w/ 32mb graphics.

konq is an awesome browser when it works, I gave up on it after having similar problems. I use Galeon, man it rocks, newest version of Galeon is out, if ya grab be sure to grab the newest Mozilla, I think ya will like it. It's small, fast, and has tabs.

This box is 100% Linux for over a year now. I have second computer that I run Windows on mainly for compatibility with work stuff and just to keep frosty on 'doze.