Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MS sues a linux company. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS sues a linux company.

Re: MS sues a linux company.

MS always gets their way. Whatever happened to that deal where RedHat was going to supply the software to those schools if MS supplied the hardware? Did that deal actually go through?

You probably wont hear about that ever again

Why not? MS didn't accept the deal? MS got a deathgrip on all those poor schools, forcing them to pay for upgrades to windows in the future?

Were all those schools wiped off the face of the earth? What happened? Was the arrangement not enforced and MS did nothing at all?

Advisor

Hmm anyone but me, who has wondered about this quote
    Murchinson said Microsoft considered legal action a last resort
    If it's their last resort, then what is the first/second/third..... ?

Well, gee folks, the X Window system was around before M$ Windows. May there is a lawsuite there too.

Well, gee folks, the X Window system was around before M$ Windows. May there is a lawsuite there too.
    Ha ha. That would be severe anal rape for Microsoft.

I just don't understand how any individual or corporation can lay claim to ownership of any word/letter from any language. Doesn't seem right to me.

Next spring when I wash my windows, I'll have to contact Microsoft for permission to do so.

Oops, I'm using X Window System right now... and I haven't asked Microsoft's permission for it! Aagh, soon someone will sue me!!!

Anyway, as some people have already pointed out, Lindows is a badly chosen name but M$ hasn't copyrighted it. So if M$ hasn't copyrighted it, they shouldn't sue anybody for using it!

Besides, if someone really is so big moron that he confuses Lindows with Windows, he deserves to be the slave of M$.

Moron: "I've heard there is this new and c00l Windows version, Lindows. Can I buy it?"
    Salesman: "Um, no, that's Linux."
    Moron: ***blank stare***
    Salesman: "Yeah, Linux isn't worth using, but we have here the newest Windows 1337, it's only $1000, how about that?"
    Moron: "Wow thats c00l."
    Salesman: "And we have the new Service Pack Update VII Plus Ultra for Windows 1337. The Service Pack is only $500, a special offer. Would you like that too?"
    Moron: "Ok, I can take them if the new Lindows isn't a real Windows version."

8)NGene 8)