Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MS sues a linux company.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS sues a linux company.

MS sues a linux company.

those freaking rats. what the hell - "windows" was a word long before freak billy boy was born.
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/cn/2001...er_name_1.html

Re: MS sues a linux company.

Microsoft: "Don't damage our reputation, that's our job!"

Yeah, the w and l sounds are so much alike. Maybe people will go to the store and say, "There's that new version of Windows I saw on television. They changed the name to Lindows because it has a new feature Microsoft invented called Linux. Let's buy it." Yep. That could happen.

Wait, I've been running Linux all this time? Why didn't anyone tell me?!

:P

"If people are confused, just remember that we're not the convicted monopolist."

LMAO

That's crap. However, Lindows is a bad name anyway. If I were a startup, especially a Linux startup, I wouldn't not want to associate anything about my OS with M$ (yes, yes, I know, that is their marketing stradegy).

Good Guru

As much as I hate MS, they are correct on this one. Thats like Kampbells soup, or Crayoda crayons, and such. I think that the choice, other than a shakey legal one, was poor one at best.

Although MS is a bunch of bastards, they still have to protect themselves legally. They do not want Lindows support calls. And we all know that will happen. Plus, on the phone, L's can sound like W's.

I have already had my words put in over at slashdot....

As much as I hate MS, they are correct on this one. Thats like Kampbells soup, or Crayoda crayons, and such. I think that the choice, other than a shakey legal one, was poor one at best.

Although MS is a bunch of bastards, they still have to protect themselves legally. They do not want Lindows support calls. And we all know that will happen. Plus, on the phone, L's can sound like W's.

I have already had my words put in over at slashdot....
    Yeah. It is a bad name and M$ probably is correct in complaining.

But I'll tell you what, they have balls for doing so considering their past doings. M$ blatantly rips of smaller companies, steals their products and code outright, and they have the nerve to complain about a name.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. >

Like it or not, I think M$ will have it their way this time.

What are you people talking about? Microsoft isn't right. Lindows is not copyrighted by them. They have no right to deny anyone else the use of it. So what if they get support calls about it? People come on this bulletin board with questions about Windows and you don't hear us bitching. And besides that, only a stupid fucking moron would get confused between Windows and Lindows. And the problem with this country is that we base it around morons. Fuck morons. Viva la Lindows.