Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speak out, be heard!!

Speak out, be heard!!

I'm sure I've seen this on the board somewhere but it's worth bringing up again. The public comment period is open in the adjusted? penatly phase of the M$ anti-trust suit. I haven't been following it that closly since it was apparent the doj was going to cave in.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/3973/1/

Keep it clean, rational, and at least semi professional but be heard!!

--glenn

Re: Speak out, be heard!!

Keep it clean
    shit, i'm disqualified in advance!

I've sent my $.02 to doj and feel better about it. I don't have a personal vendetta against Herr Gates, but fairness in the marketplace is essential, or we could have another in-house NAFTA -- only this time the only ones to benefit will be M$'s elite. (And, of course, his army of attorneys). 8)

I spoke my mind as well. Hopefully we, the pesants, will count for something.

yes
    I need to make my voice heard

(And, of course, his army of attorneys)
    You said it! Seems like the only people who consistently win these court battles are the lawyers

The DOJ let the case take too long and the reasons that they marked Microsoft as a monopoly are no longer true. Everyone of us who uses Linux in place of Windows proves that they are not a monopoly. IBM pimping Linux proves that there are alternatives. I say just let them go.

The DOJ let the case take too long and the reasons that they marked Microsoft as a monopoly are no longer true. Everyone of us who uses Linux in place of Windows proves that they are not a monopoly. IBM pimping Linux proves that there are alternatives. I say just let them go.
    excuse me?
    let them go?

they are STILL using business tactics to hold their strangle on the desktop market and if they got the chance to FORCE u to use windows u better believe they will do it. they simply cannot understand why people would use linux and they will never let any of their software or formats work on linux. if it weren't for the great hackers of the open source community we wouldn't be able to use Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents on Linux and therefore Linux wouldn't stand a chance in the corporate environment.

they deserve to be punished... SEVERELY i might add. Some of the things they've done are simply outragous. Until they start being more 'friendly' to other platforms they should be punished.

i know ur a microsoft fan, but even a microsoft fan should realize that a lot of the stuff they've done is both illegal and unethical

I'm not a microsoft fan, I just love technology and I will use and try **all technology**. I don't care who makes it or how they are trying to sell it.

I am all for Microsoft being allowed to charge different prices to different companies, they should be allowed. After all it is their product. I am also all for Microsoft being allowed to bundle whatever they want with the OS because they can package it however they want because it is their product and they need to remain competitive. I think it increases the value of what they are selling.

I like the way the marketshare looks right now. Microsoft can have all the moronic users out there, because Linux is unable to cater to them right now and probably never will be able to. I realize that many people need to have a simple and restrictive OS because that is all they can handle mentally.

Microsoft cannot **make** you use their products and companies will use whatever is the most profitable. If Microsoft can cut the company a favorable deal, I am all for it. Because their products aren't bad at all. They just need better auditors.

I'm not a microsoft fan, I just love technology and I will use and try **all technology**. I don't care who makes it or how they are trying to sell it.

Microsoft cannot **make** you use their products and companies will use whatever is the most profitable.
    I agree and try all the technology I can try out. On the other hand, if the technology is intrusive, overpriced, super dangerous, broken, or backwards I probably won't like it (unless it's for the nostalgic qualities).

Yes and no. I met some people on New Years who hate Windows but they HAVE to use it because of work. They have used MacOS and Linux and like them both a whole lot but can't use them beause they arn't 'computer guys.' One of them was talking about their companies upgrade to Win2k and how it has taken 2 weeks to get the system back up and running and how they've LOST profit from this but the company is doing it because it's the latest greatest version of NT and they NEED it. I know it sounds silly, but it's true since average users are kidn of brainwashed into thinking that there is only one OS.

Another way they can make people use their products is by making extentions to open standards (HTML?) and not sharing the information with others. Things like that are quiet anoying since the browser wars were supose to be over.