Thread: 8) Opera 8)

8) Opera 8)

Opera 6 TP2 is awesome! It is so bloody fast, I've given up on Mozilla for the time being. I got the cookies working again, so I can actually use it

8) Opera 8)

Re: 8) Opera 8)

interesting

i had little problems with TP1, nothing major....but enough for me to revert back to Opera5. But I'll check out TP2.

I cant download files with OPera 6 TP2. It gets totally frozen trying to go to the download manager and uses 100% CPU until I xkill it.....Back to 5 for me

I'm waiting for the official release of version 6 before using it. For the time being, I'm on 5.05

I am using Opera 5.05 myself. I just love it. I have run the gauntlet of Linux Browsers, and I think I have settled on Opera as my number one choice. It is the fastest, most stable and best looking of them.

I think I will even spend the $$ on a licence.

Hmmm. I have noticed two (seemingly) random segfaults, but otherwise it's bloody fast, and has better tabbing than Mozilla... I just love it because I actually don't have to wait 22 seconds for Moz to load anymore

hmm opera is nice but mozilla has no advertizing window and is free and i first used opera, but since mozilla has tabs i dont need opera anymore ..

opera is nice, but mozilla is better imo
    first of all, i think mozilla looks better (this of course depends on ur personal preferences), and the overal quality is better as well

and there's this one thing about opera that i really don't like. sometimes when ur loading a page and it takes a little while before it receives any more packets from my ISP's proxy it'll just stop loading it alltogether while mozilla has never had that problem before on my system

i also once compared how all the sites i frequently visit were rendered on mozilla, opera and konqueror. and it turned out that mozilla in general displayed the sites the best.

plus: mozilla is open source and has no adds (big advantage imo)

Mozilla's tabbing is just weird. You have to CTRL+click, otherwise it opens in a new window, it's all weird. Opera has tabbing done right.

Plus, you can't honestly expect me to use a browser that takes 22 seconds to load, do you? I could grow a beard in that time

Mozilla's tabbing is just weird. You have to CTRL+click, otherwise it opens in a new window, it's all weird. Opera has tabbing done right.
    actually, i can just use the middle mouse button to load a page in a new tab

Plus, you can't honestly expect me to use a browser that takes 22 seconds to load, do you? I could grow a beard in that time
    if u wanna use a slow system such as debian than that's ur own fault
    mozilla starts up in 5 seconds on my PIII 450 on Ralinux. iirc, ur box is about a 300 right? well then u should still be able to get it down to about 8 seconds