Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindows ?? Anyone see this?

Mentor

Lindows ?? Anyone see this?

Looks like this guy is deveolping on OS that will use both MS and Linux software.

About Lindows.com, Inc.

Lindows.com is a consumer company that brings choice to computer users. Lindows.com, Inc. uses the latest technology to create affordable, intuitive, user-friendly products. Lindows.com, Inc. was started by Michael Robertson, founder and former CEO of MP3.com. At the core of Lindows.com is a new operating system called LindowsOSTM, a modern, affordable, easy-to-use operating system with the ability to run both Windows® and Linux® software.

www.lindows.com

Apparently MS is giving them alot of shit about it.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article....ad&order=0

What do you guys think about it.

Bunch of crap right? Lindows will never get off the ground!

Re: Lindows ?? Anyone see this?

I hope they can manage to release a stable version. In which case, converting people to Linux would be much easier

"Will my programs work?"
    "Yes!"

And then you begin to show them alternatives, so they can leave Windows software behind. I have very high hopes. This is a great project that could help us get more users and developpers.

I'm suprised how long it took MS to discover them. They had gone public at least 4 months before 'the great MS' found out about them. I say good on them though. At least they are giving it a go.

This is old news. I'm sure I've seent least two other threads about this. It will ease the transition, which will be awesome for newbies, although I don't ever plan on using it myself.

I plan to try it on another box so that I can help friends of mine.

I'm wondering what's going to come of MS's HomeStation. Apparently MS is trying to create an entertainment center (dvd/console at least). I'm hoping battle of the titans will arise..Sony vs. MS. ;D

I'm wondering what's going to come of MS's HomeStation. Apparently MS is trying to create an entertainment center (dvd/console at least). I'm hoping battle of the titans will arise..Sony vs. MS. ;D
    Sony's gonna put them in their place.

So Lindows wants "insiders" to burp up an annual fee of $99, and accept a nondisclosure agreement. Does this mean that development will be done by the chosen elite? I see some interesting entrepreneurship (I think that's right) here, but if there's supposed to be a developmental breakthrough, I don't see it. ???

Mentor

So Lindows wants "insiders" to burp up an annual fee of $99, and accept a nondisclosure agreement. *Does this mean that development will be done by the chosen elite? *I see some interesting entrepreneurship (I think that's right) here, but if there's supposed to be a developmental breakthrough, I don't see it. ???
    i saw that too, they make it seem like anyone can become an insider, sure anyone can but for 100 bucks!!

This dosent sound like a free download either, it bet they'll make you pay for it!!!!

you know if it has anything to do with windows ( looks or sounds like) there is going to be fee's to pay and license's to agree to and nothing is going to be free. : :

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?...mp;mode=thread
    this is a review of one of the beta versions of lindows

looks like they really just wanna make a windows clone instead of a Linux system with windows binary support