Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Trivia question
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trivia question

Trivia question

Which came first, the chicken or the egg and why?

And let's go by the generally accepted scientific beliefs, not religious ones. It's easy to say, "The chicken, because God made him first." So anyone know? This is easy by the way.

Re: Trivia question

Of course the egg came first... the chicken is a mutant of sorts, to previous historic birds of type... always with each mutation, there is an egg first, then teh hatchling, with contains the mutation....

I agree with KP. Genetic mutation happens at conception (Chicken* --> Egg), not during development (Egg --> Chicken). Thus, every chicken was hatched from a chicken egg, and every chicken egg was mothered by a chicken that is genetically different from that chicken. If you trace back the lineage far enough, you'll wind up at a creature that is so different it cannot be scientifically classified as a chicken, but it gave birth to a chicken anyway.

Also, if you want to be really pedantic -- Dinosaurs laid eggs. Chickens did not evolve until much later

Also, if you want to be really pedantic -- Dinosaurs laid eggs. Chickens did not evolve until much later
    This, sir, is the correct answer. I wonder if you've heard this before. I'll try to come up with another question to challenge you guys. I like trivia myself.

The important thing is, however, that after these several millenia, the chicken should have evolved into something far superior to the shit the Colonel sells 8)

Here's a question that I thought was hillarious when I first heard it.

Many people consider it amazing that things are always in the last place you look for them. What is wrong with this belief?

When you find the thing you stop searching, therefore the place where you found it is the last you searched.

You guys are good. If you get this one, I'll have to start asking more difficult questions.

What is an ancient Egyption device used for seeing through walls?

holes in the walls ?

You guys are good. If you get this one, I'll have to start asking more difficult questions.

What is an ancient Egyption device used for seeing through walls?
    An eye? remove a brick, look with your eye?