Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: culmintating activity

culmintating activity

I'm in a vb class at my highschool (all they offer is vb) and we have a final culminating activity where we make a program of our choice. Others in the past have imatated things such as atm machines. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could make because I have no ideas.

Re: culmintating activity

I don't remember the capabilities of VB (... havn't used it since middle school) but it mightbe fun to make a chat client type program. Just a basic thing where you connect to the other person and send text back and forth.

If that is out of the question, I would say play with making a front end to network type things. Just junk that make average computer users think you are supraa 1337 like a front end to ping, netstat, etc ... all in one.

I hope the teacher shows me how to use network stuff before we really start the culminating thing. My class is so slow and pathetic. We've been doing 1 demensional arrarys for over a month, maybe even two and some people still don't understand.

My class is so slow and pathetic. We've been doing 1 demensional arrarys for over a month, maybe even two and some people still don't understand.
    Welcome to reality. Do you realize there are people in my calculus class who don't understand algebra???

I mean, algebra!!!

I have the same problem in my math class. Don't even get me started about my chemistry class. I mean come on how hard is it to name a freakin compound.

I hear that. People, by and large, are pretty stupid.

Welcome to the "People Who Are Way Smarter Than Everybody Else And Can't Stand It" club, btw

Yes the general public does seem increasingly stupider as I start taking courses I occasionally find intellectually stimulating.

You're lucky. At least you can find courses that aren't completely boring and pointless

I should have placed more emphasis on occasionally find intellectually stimulating. Most courses are still pointless and make a good nap period. For instance the mandatory career studies all grade 10's must take. We read fake articles about people that have had successfull businesses then write down what they would have to do to accomplish this. Another activity involved reading a story about a girl that had a choice on weather to move away or stay with her friends and we had to list her possible decisions and the consequences. I would even pay if they just gave us some descent courses that didn't waste our time.

Mentor

Welcome to reality. Do you realize there are people in my calculus class who don't understand algebra???

I mean, algebra!!!
    Wait a minute your supposed to pass algebra BEFORE you take calculus, right?