Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Spike Milligan passes away

Thread: Spike Milligan passes away

Spike Milligan passes away

I was sorry to hear of Spike Milligans passing today.

Ground breaking comedian, poet, author, star of radio and TV, manic depressive, one of the inspirations for Monty Python, and generaly nice bloke.

He will be missed.

If you've never heard of him (and even if you have) I would recomend his war memours.

Re: Spike Milligan passes away

I didn't know the guy... but he sure sounds like a good bloke... I think I'll have a beer in his honor tonight.

bloke?

bloke?
    man.

Associate

That is sad news :'( Been a long time since I read him. I will need to dig through my books and read him again.

You young blokes don't know what you missed. He was an Icon.

dalee

A very sad day. Spike was perhaps the originator of modern British humour. A true genius who brought much mirth to us all. The tributes will be pouring in from the surviving members of Monty Python, fans of the sadly late Douglas Adams and others.

Then again, as he said on This is Your Lifesome some years ago, " But I died years ago!"

Hell, what can you say - Eccles has gone to join his old chums Bluebottle and Neddy Seagoon.

Ying tong tiddle I po!

Goon, but not forgotten.

Jim

Associate

I first heard "The Goon Show" in the late 60's on KPFK.