Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I miss Windows and it's crashy badness.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I miss Windows and it's crashy badness.

I miss Windows and it's crashy badness.

Hey guys, remember when windows would crash, and if you tried to move a window it would leave trails of the window on the screen? Almost like a massive feedback loop!

Well, Linux doesn't do that and I sure miss it. So, I wrote this little script that would try to immitate that behavior in X!

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

while :; do
     echo -n "Taking shot ... "
     import -window root ~/images/screenshots/root.png
     qiv -x ~/images/screenshots/root.png
     echo "done."
    done
    What this does is very simple: It will take a screenshot of your desktop then set it as your root image.

Unfortunately, 'import' is slow as a mofo and it's not quite like the real thing.

Here is a screenshot of me doing it on my system:

http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/pics/feedback2.png

Keep in mind that there is only one window open in that picture.

Re: I miss Windows and it's crashy badness.

I love it !!!!!

8) Feztaa 8)

You could always re-install WIN95a and voila!! it's deja vu all over again!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nice script, the next thing you need is a script that does random reboots ... :P

Kind Mastermind

nice script, the next thing you need is a script that does random reboots ... *:P
    Good call!!!

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

chance=$(expr $RANDOM % 100)

if [ $chance -eq 66 ]
    then
     halt
    fi
    Run it out of cron every couple of minutes, with root privs

[code]
    Run it out of cron every couple of minutes, with root privs
    cool .. now the only thing that we would need is the final script that does random kill -11 on the apps that are running - now nobody ever wants to run windows if you can have all the nice features under linux ;D

I believe this is what you're looking for:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

num=0
    for i in $(ps -U $(id -u -n) --no-headers -o pid)
    do
     list[$num]=$i
     num=$(expr $num + 1)
    done

kill -s 11 ${list[$(expr $RANDOM % $num)]}

groovy window manager fetzza!

Kind Mastermind

Arghh...I can't seem to pull your website up, feztaa...this is annoying. *I think it is the network that I am on that is doing it. *Anyone else having problems?

Never mind. I am certain that it is my network. I will wait until I get home and then I will look at the site.