Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Do I Dare

Thread: Do I Dare

Do I Dare

My parents have an old box (150mhz, 32mb RAM) and run Win 98 on it. The box has fubared it self. Windows is in a infinate loop of restarting and AFAICT it can't be fixed without reinstalling the OS. Do I dare trying to sneak Mandrake 8.2 or another 'newbie' distro on the box? I tried one time with problems with the lenmark printer but I didn't really give it very much. Any ideas?

Kind Mastermind

Re: Do I Dare

Give Mandy a shot. Check to make sure that your Lexmark model is supported under cups. Or, look on Lexmark's website for drivers.

Oops, I ment HP Deskjet 540 :P

Good Guru

Well, my HP 722C was thought to be a WinPrinter ( and it was on that list ) until Red Hat 7.2 comes around .... So you might was to check the Mandy page as well to see the support or not ........ Except the Scanner ( which happen also to be WinScanner with software emulation and IDE based ), I've none of the hardware that aren't support in Linux ..... Man, Linux have come a long way .....

Mentor

Oops, I ment HP Deskjet 540 :P
    it should be supported, i had an HP deskjet 630 or 632 ( i dont remember ) but i didnt have to do anything special it found it and installed the correct drivers!!