Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MICROSOFT 'KILLED DELL LINUX'

Thread: MICROSOFT 'KILLED DELL LINUX'

MICROSOFT 'KILLED DELL LINUX'

> > >

"The States' remedy hearing opened in DC yesterday, and
    States attorney Steven Kuney produced a devastating memo from
    [Joachim] Kempin, then in charge of Microsoft's OEM business,
    written after Judge Jackson had ordered his break-up of the
    company. Kempin raises the possibility of threatening Dell and
    other PC builders which promote Linux..."

COMPLETE STORY:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/24478.html

??? http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/15150.html ???

http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,...a=24242,00.asp

I'm confused, but screw it I don't even care anymore. I Love Linux, and that's what I'm using at home. I get enough M$ at work to saturate any normal person. Not that I'm claiming to neet someone elses definition of normal

Re: MICROSOFT 'KILLED DELL LINUX'

It's a great time to be using non-Microsoft products. Does anybody really want to use an OS that could be taken off the market at any moment? This is exactly the problem with closed source, the owners have too much control over it. They'll never kill Linux

They'll never kill Linux
    But what if Microsoft hires an assassin to bump off Linus? :-/

Then somebody will take his place. It's not like all of the Open Source community will just roll over and die just because one guy goes.

Besides, MS won't kill anybody.

I always love stuff like this. I am amazed how, even in light of this kind of information becomming available as to the inner workings of the M$ Secret Police, that anyone can sit back and whine about how it is "just business" and how M$ is not really a monopoly power. They have the ability to control what other companies can and can not do and dictate to OEMs what software they can use and promote. It is disgusting, anti-free market horseshit.

eh

Despite all the articles, and the cases against MS, I really dont think that the DOJ has the balls to do anything about it.

But let little ole Coltrane hack into a server somewhere, and I'll be put to death with a dirty needle.

Not to mention, at least here in the states the media is either chickencrap or in someones pocket. *It's about a sorry state of affairs, *is what it is. *Joe homeowner don't even see the tip of this crap, the doj has already wussied out, it's a few states where someone has the give a shit to dig around and find out what really goes on, and the balls to say enough of this crap.

It will end up a slap on the wrist, and business as *usual :

I do apologize for posting the topic in caps, I just pasted and didn't notice until it was up *:-[

For that matter, I probably should have just blown it off but it pi$$e$ me off. *Clover ought to move it to rants *

Kind Mastermind

For that matter, I probably should have just blown it off but it pi$$e$ me off. *Clover ought to move it to rants *
    I think it fits just fine here. Though, rants would probably be just as appropriate.

It is a crock, though. If you have enough money you can do whatever you want, it seems. That explains why I can't do anything...lol.

But what if Microsoft hires an assassin to bump off Linus? *:-/
    Well GNU/Linux would get more publicity than ever. Plus, there is always The HURD.