* Compatibility fixes

Kind Mastermind

Re: nVidia pops out new driverset

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux

Release Highlights:
    * GeForce4 and Quadro4 Support
    * OpenGL® 1.3 with NVIDIA extensions
    * Compatibility fixes
    I swear, it get's harder and harder to keep up with nVidia's drivers. And that's a good thing! Thanks, Lovechild, for posting this. Now seems like a good time to download me a bunch of drivers!

Just informing the people... and the people seems to like nVidia cards no matter how crappy they really are IMHO.

But yes, nVidia are popping out drivers every 2 weeks or so now... it's rather disturbing.

Just informing the people... and the people seems to like nVidia cards no matter how crappy they really are IMHO.

But yes, nVidia are popping out drivers every 2 weeks or so now... it's rather disturbing.
    More disturbing than during a whole 2 month, there was a new Linux kernel release? I think not. And I saw the geForce 4 in action. If the card didn't have all these metal spikes on it, I would wank with it!

What´s crappy about nVidia´s cards? And what´s wrong with releasing drivers? Drivers that work damn good I might add.

Do you have any real reason to call them crappy or do you do it just because nVidia doesn´t release open source drivers?

Honestly, I've had nothing but trouble getting the drivers working, and I don't like the fact that they are non-free.

The problem with issuing new drivers all the time is that people will have to keep up with the releases.

My main problem with the nVidia drivers are the artifacts they produce on my old GeForce card in X. those weren't there in "the unspeakable OS" and I didn't clock my card.

But there are people for and against anything in this world, and I'm for ATI, because they make good cards, and by using them I forfill my etical requirement of Open and Free drivers. --- Plus 2D rules on ATi !

Good Guru

And I'm sure you didn't miss the fact that ATI also no longer make Free and Open drivers ...

And I'm sure you didn't miss the fact that ATI also no longer make Free and Open drivers ...
    No no, but they supply the DRI project with spec, so we can get free and open drivers - nVidia are stubborn when it comes to that.

This "should" be the complete list of fixes in this driverset.

fixed rendering problems which occurred in some cases when GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK was enabled
    fixed problem where the maximum pixel clock was set too low
    fixed a problem with image flicker when running full-screen apps on GeForce4
    fixed a pixmap cache corruption problem on GeForce3
    fixed some issues running multiple NVIDIA graphics cards simultaneously