Thread: xtraceroute

xtraceroute

Finally got it to work and the little globe thing looks cool. Anyways do I have to input longitude and latitude of servers and things to make it work. Right now it just says its timing out even on ips know work and work with the ping command

Re: xtraceroute

xtraceroute uses /usr/sbin/traceroute correct? if so I believe that my traceroute is not working correctly. I take it this would be why xtraceroute isn't working?

xtraceroute uses /usr/sbin/traceroute correct? if so I believe that my traceroute is not working correctly. I take it this would be why xtraceroute isn't working?
    Well, yes. To make sure that traceroute is working, why not just bring up an xterm and test it? Also, note that when you d/l xtraceroute, it comes with no listing of places.

on the site it said it goes out and checks some databases. Is there a big list I can put it without doing them each manually?
    Code:
    [daniel@daniel daniel]$ /usr/sbin/traceroute linuxjunior.org
    traceroute to linuxjunior.org (66.33.60.222), 30 hops max, 38
    byte packets
     1 * * *
     2 * * *
    as I recall in windows it showed info about the hops so i'm guessing this isn't working right or i'm not using it right

Here is a database. It's not complete, but it's better than nothing. Untar the files into $HOME/.xt/

but its useless without traceroute working.

can someone help me get my traceroute working. I have no idea why its not working right

Good Guru

can you ping? are you behind a proxy? need some more data to compute

at work, since I am behind a firewall and a proxy, it wont work.

behind linksys router. Almost all ports open for this computer. Pinging works