Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Just installed Linux on my iPAQ

Thread: Just installed Linux on my iPAQ

Just installed Linux on my iPAQ

Hi all,

I'm pretty excited about this.....

The company that I work for just gave us iPAQ's. *These things are very, very, very nice! *One huge problem, though. *They ship with PocketPC 2002 (Windows CE). *YUCK! *Well, I told my boss (the director of I/T) that I was going to install Linux on it. *He bet me lunch that I couldn't accomplish this task. *Well, I'm happy to say that I just finished the install. *You can get all the info, including the distro, from www.handhelds.org

It was actually very easy. *They even show you how to backup your Windows PocketPC software so you can reinstall it if you like. *Not going to be doing that anytime soon........ *

Well, let's see, what expensive restaurant can I have my boss take me to?

Re: Just installed Linux on my iPAQ

w00t!

/me runs to buy an ipaq....

Re: Just installed Linux on my iPAQ

w00t indeed

What software do you actually run? And is that stuff suitable for everyday use?

I actually want to buy a PDA badly and anything but a linux powered device is totally out of question. So I'd like to hear some more info on how well it actually works. I don't mind spending quite a bit of time configuring and sorting out stuff as long as the result will be a working PDA that does what it's designed for. (Not having to code the apps myself would be nice, too )