Re: Wow!

http://debian-bsd.sourceforge.net/

Extremely interesting....
    Definitely!!!

Nah.... 8) HURD 8)

Nah.... 8) HURD 8)
    I gotta agree. I just wish more people would work on it....

I'm gettin' itchy again; I've got 2 installs of Libranet on my box, 1 conservative that I won't mess around with, and 1 that I play with, but I'm getting bored with my "play around" install. I've been looking at LFS; it's pretty intimidating though. This looks very interesting. I think I may give it a shot this coming weekend. I can see debirs scattered for miles, but I'm dumb enough to go ahead anyway. : :

Mike: I learned Linux because I broke it many times. *Do the same and try LFS if you want to.

I would give you a manly encouraging tap on the shoulder, but since your 6'5" and 275 lbs, I won't be able to reach your shoulder, and even if I could, I would feel to you like a baby slap...

Thanks Vince. I've never been one to let potential diasters put me off, I just plunge ahead and let the shrapnel fly. You only learn from making mistakes, then you try again, with more knowledge. It also helps that I don't rely on my box to feed me, I just need it for social interaction, because of my sociopathic tendancies. ;D

I gotta agree. I just wish more people would work on it....
    Yeah. It such a cool idea and system, to bad it doesn't have much support from the community.

Yeah. It such a cool idea and system, to bad it doesn't have much support from the community.
    It's very hard for them, because HURD does not fill any niche anymore that interests (most) hackers. For example, Linux was very popluar because it was free software and anyone could hack on it. Same goes for the free BSD's. But now that we've got the BSD's and Linux and that they're quite complete, people still hack them and have a very decent system. With HURD, it would mean we go back in 1993 when there was no sound support, no decent X support, etc.