Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Finding out when a user last logged in

Thread: Finding out when a user last logged in

Finding out when a user last logged in

Is there a simple command that will list when all your users last logged in?

Mentor

Re: Finding out when a user last logged in

Issue the "last" command. You might have to write a script to parse the relevant information out.

lastlog is helpful too. It gives when a user last log, not a listing of loggings.

Too bad it doesn't catch ftp logins.... (lastlog that is)

Too bad it doesn't catch ftp logins.... (lastlog that is)
    Very true. I'm looking for something that will catch ftp or a mail log in (mail users log in via a web-based client). None of the above seem to do the trick. What I am trying to do is determine how often people access their mail accounts so I can get rid of accounts that have been inactive for 90 or so days. Does anyone know of anything that will help me monitor such access?

Very true. I'm looking for something that will catch ftp or a mail log in (mail users log in via a web-based client). None of the above seem to do the trick. What I am trying to do is determine how often people access their mail accounts so I can get rid of accounts that have been inactive for 90 or so days. Does anyone know of anything that will help me monitor such access?
    Well, my /var/log/maillog keeps track of imap/pop logins, but webmail logins arn't tracked.