Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How to partition

Thread: How to partition

Mentor

How to partition

I know that this is asked a lot, but I am getting a 40gig tomorrow and don't know what to do with it. I have had about 800MB on my computer for as long as I can remember. I want to run Linux, Windows and a kind of BSD. As I have never used BSD before, how do I need to partition my HD for this.
    Cheers
    CP

Re: How to partition

You just need one partition for BSD (make it big enough though). In BSD' you slice a partition, it's like creating a partition in a partition.

I love the avatar by the way

Mentor

That was unintentional, but if you like it I'll keep it. How big should the partitions be. I was thinking 5gig for Linux, 5 for BSD, and that would leave me with 30gig for windows, which is where I will also store music and movies. Is that about right?

Yup. You only need on partition for BSD. Make it 5 Gigs like you said. And in the install you will slice that partition.