Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Recommendations on hand-held (with Linux)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on hand-held (with Linux)

Recommendations on hand-held (with Linux)

Any recommendations on a good hand-held that runs on Linux? Don't want to go thru what I did with modems when I first switched over to Linux. Thanks! ???

Re: Recommendations on hand-held (with Linux)

Compaq's iPAQ, Agenda Computing's VR3 and G.Mate's Yopy.

Sharp has one as well. I think it might be called the Zaurus or something?

i think my boss has a Linux PDA, I'll ask him what kind it is. Its sharper than a razor blade in a black tuxedo, but it cost about 500 bucks

Agenda or Yopy

my boss has the Zaurus
    runs Linux

cost about 500 bucks though
    too much for me

Kind Mastermind

my boss has the Zaurus
    runs Linux

cost about 500 bucks though
    too much for me
    Same here. It's pretty sweet, but I think that the Palm m130, which costs half as much, is about all the hand-held I need. I'd rather spend the extra three hundred bucks over the zaurus and get a new laptop!

Re:Recommendations on hand-held (with Linux)

I think most of the palms will work with Linux, I wouldnt waste too much money on a pda that runs Linux. You can always use the extra cash on hardware

The agenda VR3 ( i was on the mailing list for awhile) AFAIK doesnt have any sync software that runs on Linux yet.

But, if you are wanting a swank pda to show off and load Linux on yourself, you cant go wrong with a ipaq.

We all use iPAQ's at work. I immediately removed the OS it ships with and installed Linux. There's a great site out there dedicated to this......

www.handhelds.org

Hey thanks! Appreciate the heads-up.
    ------------
    [quote author=chadm1967 link=board=12;threadid=1916;start=0#36825 date=1023330031]
    We all use iPAQ's at work. I immediately removed the OS it ships with and installed Linux. There's a great site out there dedicated to this......

www.handhelds.org

[/quote]