Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Security Enhanced Linux

Thread: Security Enhanced Linux

Security Enhanced Linux

Anybody heard of this?:

http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

And does anyone know if its worth the hassle of installing?

Advisor

Re: Security Enhanced Linux

I wouldn't put too much into a NSA trusted product... Gives me the shivers.. don't know what backdoors they might put in...

Re: Security Enhanced Linux

There is no back doors as far as the community has checked (it is GPL). The reason I wouldn't use it is because they have not released a stable version yet .... I am always a bit scared to use alpha/beta kernels.

Kind Mastermind

Re:Security Enhanced Linux

[quote author=bafalouk link=board=13;threadid=1908;start=0#14945 date=1022851931]
    Anybody heard of this?:

http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

And does anyone know if its worth the hassle of installing?
    [/quote]

I wouldn't put it on a production server. As for using it to experiment with, go ahead. You might find the challenge fun. I was thinking about messing around with it soon. I have a few x related issues with my Redhat box to iron out first. I'll keep you posted, if you like.

Re:Security Enhanced Linux

yeah, there have been threads about this b4. selinux has gotta be good
    for linux community, bec it encourages rapider acceptance of *nix in the govt, which is the hugest consumer of OSs in the world.

<further comment deleted as stoooooopid. way stooopid>