Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Does anyone like the new versions of the imac?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like the new versions of the imac?

Hybrid View

Does anyone like the new versions of the imac?

I think they look pretty sweet. I wonder how stable they are on the desktop. (They look like they could tip over)

Kind Mastermind

Re: Does anyone like the new versions of the imac?

I think they look pretty sweet. *I wonder how stable they are on the desktop. * (They look like they could tip over)
    They don't look too bad. I think they look strangely like the lamp from Pixar entertainment!

I don't know why, but I'm starting to like Apple. Eeeek!! Anyone remember 'Lisa' their one button mouse? :P

Yea, what with OS X being released and all, I find the idea of having a Mac somewhat tempting.

Unfortunately, if I were to get one, it would be a Powerbook or an iBook, and because those things are so expensive, I don't think I'll be able to afford one for quite awhile.

For now, a hand-me-down computer with Debian on it suits me just fine.

I never something as sexy as MacOSX, so I wouldn't mind paying for a Mac. Man, if they ported that thing to x86 I would SO try it out! As of now, it's the ONLY OS that has any chance to replace my dear Debian on my desktop.

I swear, I must be the only person who thinks those things look completely ridiculous. (and this is a Mac owner talking)

But yeah, OSX is pretty sweet. in fact, I would have rather they announced an update to X than those horrible looking new iMacs.

I'd like to get one of the iMacs (not the newest one though) and fire up OSX on it. I do like the flashy interface and since its BSD based it makes the idea of owning one a lot cooler than I ever imagined. BTW, from my experience with them, I hate macs.

I too hate macs. That one-button mouse has got to be the most annoying thing on the planet >

I wish they'd stop assuming that their users need only one button to do things...

Well the monitor is sweet and the general hardware is a nice set up, but it looks like a hat with a monitor. In a styly kinda way.

Hating macs because of a one button mouse? Strange. BTW you are NOT restricted to having a mouse with one button. For all the years I have used a Mac the single button has never be a setback or an annoyance.

GnuVince in time Darwin will be fully supported in the i86 architecture (it is only able to run on a VERY LIMITED hardware setup). But if you like the Aqua GUI.....well buy a Mac then because you definitely will not see that ported to i86. Aqua is proprietary and Apple would not be stupid enough to let that go otherwise their sales of Mac hardware would slide into the sub basement, good architecture and all.

My initial reaction was, it looks like you should be able to unblock toilets with it. I think the cube (R.I.P.) looked much nicer.

Out of interest does OSX have a CLI? My friend's just got a G4, and I wanted to poke around in it, but in the 2min I had on it I couldn't find one.