Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ximian gnome on Solaris 8

Thread: ximian gnome on Solaris 8

ximian gnome on Solaris 8

Ok, so I installed it. How do I start it?

Re: ximian gnome on Solaris 8

Do you have a graphical login? If so, just select it from the session menu.

Ximian on solaris 8 is pretty cool, much better than cde or sun's release of gnome.

That's what I thought, but I'm not getting it as an option in my session menu, just CDE, OpenWindows and failsafe.

I'm going to try running the installer again now.

I downloaded the files and did a manual install (proxy issues) and when it was done, it was just an option in my sessions menu.

I downloaded the files and did a manual install (proxy issues) and when it was done, it was just an option in my sessions menu.
    After trying again and failing again, I'm now downloading all the packages and am following the ximian instructions on making an installation CD. Hopefull that will work. After realizing how pitifully slow the ximian ftp server is, I'm using Duke's mirror which seems pretty fat (all packages in 55 minutes as compared to ximian's 22 hours!)

Good luck man!