Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

OpenBSD Firewall logging

Thread: OpenBSD Firewall logging

Good Guru

OpenBSD Firewall logging

Okay, I have a really sweet OpenBSD rig at work acing as a gateway. I would like to make life easy on myself and be able to give my CIO a firewall log report each morning via email or something. Now, setting up the mail is a breeze -- not hard. However getting the logs into a more windoze-ized (for a retarded windows guy) may be more of a programming task than I feel like biting into. Has anyone made a program that rotates my logs and will clean up the syntax a little so he can read it better? I am personally content with what I currently have and can understand it quite well. However the CIO is as anti unix as it gets.

TIA guys!!
    And thanks again GnuVInce -- this box is awesome.

Re: OpenBSD Firewall logging

Log rotation is done automatically. You can view logs with:

Code:
    tcpdump -n -e -ttt -r /var/log/pflog

Good Guru

Re: OpenBSD Firewall logging

Log rotation is done automatically. *You can view logs with:

Code:
    tcpdump -n -e -ttt -r /var/log/pflog
    Thanks, I was busy all day yesterday trying to figure something out. Still have yet to resolve it. I am ready to get medieval on someones candy ass -- some app/ip is trying to access some other IP that is not there. So my term screens (no x installed) are going nuts dropping error messages. Whilst digging around looking for some clues, I noticed that the logs rotate on a dialy basis. And it seems like I can just parse the data myself and post it to a webpage or something, or a prettier text file.

You have any idea what would be causing a routed[some numbers] error? Its the same damn thing over and over again, just different timestamp. A grep 224.0.0.1 /etc/* doesnt yeild anyhthnig? Nor does the grep 224.0.0.1 /var/log/* (well, besides the messages files)

Thanks again