Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Small script to scan my home network
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small script to scan my home network

Hybrid View

Small script to scan my home network

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'ping'

# On crée un tableau avec la liste des addresses a pinger
    HOSTS = %w( 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.7 192.168.1.8 192.168.1.9 )
    TIME_OK=1
    machine_on=0

# On va scanner toutes les addresses dans le tableau HOSTS
    for i in HOSTS do
     # Vérifier si l'adresse répond
     if Ping.pingecho(i, TIME_OK)
      print "#{i} est vivant\n"
      machine_on=machine_on+1
     else
      print "#{i} est mort\n"
     end
    end

# Dire combien de machine sur le réseau sont en fonction
    puts "=================="
    print machine_on, " sont en fonction\n"
    This will ping every machine in the array HOSTS and if they reply within one second, my program says they are alive.

Re: Small script to scan my home network

Bien facile. Bon travail.

1. Is there any particular reason that your variable names are all english, but your comments are all french? Je deteste le French

2. Wouldn't it just be easier to use nmap? ;D

1. Is there any particular reason that your variable names are all english, but your comments are all french? Je deteste le French

2. Wouldn't it just be easier to use nmap? ;D
    1. Comments are for me. But people can understand my variables
    2. Bah, doing it something yourself is a lot of fun

1. Comments are for me. But people can understand my variables
    That's an interesting thought process you have: You need comments to help yourself (the person that coded it), but everybody else will just be able to figure it out by the variable names.

Please, don't code any big projects with this thinking in mind... at least, nothing I'd want to work on

2. Bah, doing it something yourself is a lot of fun
    I know, I'm just bugging you. ;D

That's an interesting thought process you have: You need comments to help yourself (the person that coded it), but everybody else will just be able to figure it out by the variable names.

Please, don't code any big projects with this thinking in mind... at least, nothing I'd want to work on
    Hey! Ma ben faire ce que je veux! And if people want to look at my source they need to do what I've been doing every day of my life for the 6 past years: french and english.

Uh, well that's not very open-source-like, if you ask me. Anybody who hacks on software you've written will have to read french and english. What kind of restriction is that?? It certainly wouldn't qualify as open source

Uh, well that's not very open-source-like, if you ask me. Anybody who hacks on software you've written will have to read french and english. What kind of restriction is that?? It certainly wouldn't qualify as open source
    Quit being prejudiced. French is cool. It's not like he commented it in Canadian English or anything. That would be annoying, eh?

Quit being prejudiced.
    I'm just having fun, I'm not prejudiced.

French is cool.
    No.

It's not like he commented it in Canadian English or anything. That would be annoying, eh?
    Yeah; Canadian English is so hard to read, what with all those correctly-spelled words like colour, labour, and neighbour, eh?

Well all those extra -our words, it looks like you tried to copy French.