Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2 Hack or Not 2 Hack
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Hack or Not 2 Hack

2 Hack or Not 2 Hack

Someone stole a friend of mines laptop, and now uses it to surf the web courtesy of her AOL account. I'm thinking I should access the box and grab her files out of it, and then do something really nasty to a couple of the sys files.

I was planning on striving to send the thief a file via everybuddy and then get his IP address using the follow loop:

while true
    netstat -an | grep tcp
    netstat -an | grep udp
    echo " "
    sleep 2
    done

telnet into the laptop using her username/password, and wahlah.

Good Idea / Bad Idea?

or should I just change my name to evilestColtrane?

Advisor

Re: 2 Hack or Not 2 Hack

Get his IP address using the follow loop:

while true
    * * *netstat -an | grep tcp
    * * *netstat -an | grep udp
    * * *echo " "
    * * *sleep 2
    done
    hmm that would give one hell of a lot of IP's.. Why not something like:
    # tcpdump -i eth0 | grep "something" > my.log

Andthen do something really nasty to a couple of the sys files.
    # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda

because i have no idea what his ip is

i guess it would be easier to get a port monitoring program though

Advisor

i guess it would be easier to get a port monitoring program though
    If you know what his handle is on icq, you can allways get his IP from that...
    The line I gave, will only monitor your eth0, whereas your netstat will monitor every socket there is net connected on your machine, thus giving a whole lot more information than you're interrested in..
    I can't remember what port everybody/icq uses for filetransfer, but if you grep that one out of the tcpdump, then you will only get information on what IP addresses is involved in sending your file, hence only yours and his...

he doesnt use ICQ, just AIM (maybe AOL)

Stealing laptops is uncool... I say find his IP, report him and damned get prove that it's your friends laptop before engaging in any semi-illegal action.

It sounds like you know who stole it. Why not sue the bitch?

Why not do the smart thing and cancel the AOL account or have a lock put on it.

or just report it to the police since u obviously know who did it