Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Need help setting up wxPython

Thread: Need help setting up wxPython

nfallon

Need help setting up wxPython

I'm not sure what I've got done so far. I have been installing RPMs and Tarballs all day. I have Python working in the GUI shell. It is version 2.1.1

I have installed th wxGTK libraries and wxGTKgl files. I must be missing something at this point.

Neil

JimH

Re: Need help setting up wxPython

Does that mean you found the missing libwx_gtk?

wxPython doesn't install?

Jim H

nfallon

Does that mean you found the missing libwx_gtk?

wxPython doesn't install?

Jim H

Hi Jim,

I was installing the wrong version number of wxGTK. It says for Mandrake to install version 2.7. The problem now is that wxPython is looking for a higher number which is not compatible with some of the files on my system such as the Mesa libraries.

Neil

JimH

I assume you meant you installed wxGTK 2.2.7? The newest version I see is wxGTK-2.3.2. Looking at the install text I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to install the lastest on Mandrake.

2.3.2 is the lastest I see here:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=9863

Jim H

nfallon

I assume you meant you installed wxGTK 2.2.7? The newest version I see is wxGTK-2.3.2. Looking at the install text I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to install the lastest on Mandrake.

2.3.2 is the lastest I see here:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=9863

Jim H

Jim,

I just installed all of the 2.3.2 files and they all went in fine including wxPython. Now how do I start it?

Neil

JimH

Start what?

Jim H

nfallon

Start what?

Jim H

I thought wxPython was an GUI form designer like wxDesigner but I was wrong.

Neil

Sorry I have not answered earlier, just must have totally missed this thread!

WxPython is not a GUI based apped, it is a set of class libraries that you use to design the old fashioned way. It is like stdio.h and such for C. Boa Constructor is supposed to be an app that automates wxPython creation, but I think it is dead.

http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.