Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Galeon rocks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galeon rocks

Galeon rocks

Ok, how in the world had I managed not to try this puppy out until now? Galeon is an AWESOME browser. It renders well, supports plugins and is Free software. Plus, it rocks big time under XFce.

Hopefully nothing will go wrong and turn me off this little gem!

Re: Galeon rocks

Galeon is based on Mozilla, no?

Yes it is Hamond. This browser rocks and its the first thing I started using after Konqueror. It is very fast to load and acts a like like Inernet Explorer IMO. I love this thing under Blackbox

It is nice, but I am having a lot of crashes with it all of a sudden.

I certainly will be looking for a newer version... Much potential there is.

That seemed to be a big prob with it but it seemed to have gone away. I will probably upgrade to the latest stable version when I get my Athlon box back up. Oh, and I just discovered the tab feature. My life is so much better.

It is nice, but I am having a lot of crashes with it all of a sudden.

I certainly will be looking for a newer version... Much potential there is.
    That's how I feel: It's absolutely amazing while it's running. It's fast, renders almost all pages perfectly and the tab feature is way more functional than it is in mozilla. However it crashed twice in two days of usage now... FYI I'm using v1.0.2 from Debian sid. Maybe I should go and compile the latest release (1.1.2)
    BTW what's wrong with Debian? 1.1.2 was released on the 12th and isn't in unstable yet? WTF?

i wanted to try galeon, but it is dependant on mozilla 0.9.7.
    my copy of drake 8.1 came with 0.9.4 and upgrading is not as
    simple as
    #rpm -Uvh moz*.rpm because i got this error message
    libnspr4.so conflictcts with libnspr4-4.1-6mdk
    libplc4.s0 conflictcs with libnspr4-4.1-6mdk
    libplds4.so conflicts with libnspr4-4.1-6mdk
    =====Has anyone else had this problem and how did u fix it????

Galeon is infamous for having a bajillion unsatisfiable dependencies

I've sued Galeon for a good long while now and have to say I love it. It rally doesn't have a big dep problem unless you use nautilus in which you might run into a bit of a proglem updating mozilla.

I've sued Galeon for a good long while now
    Who won?