Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Need help with perl/JavaScript program

Thread: Need help with perl/JavaScript program

Good Guru

Need help with perl/JavaScript program

I got an app here at work that I would like to make a modified copy of. *The main purpose is via a web interface ask the employee for a telephone number, state and pass it to a perl script that shoots the data to the main LEC for the area. *The LEC (Ameritech) gives the account info back. *Now, this works fine and dandy as is, however I would like to rig it, so I can upload a csv file to it and have it dump all data that would go to the screen to a file. *

Anyone feel like helping me out?

PS > I do have available for post (altough possibly long) the .htm and .pl files that exist.

Edit --

After thinking a bot about hwo I worded this I think I should clarify my needs slightly.

I have a JS call that sends the info to the perl script. I just need to modify the perl script and java script code to send the files contents and to dump the response data to a file.

I am a flat out moron when it comes to programming past C++, bash and very basic perl and python.

Re: Need help with perl/JavaScript program

I'll see if I can't help ya out a bit. I don't know JavaScript (I knwo Java though ... I assume they are close?) and love perl.

Good Guru

Well, here is what I got.

The html file that is what the user actually sees. *If you load it up, a few things will be apparent. *The box for the ani (phone number), the state pulldown and a few radios (not actually used anymore)

The perl is passed the data the user inputted on the page via javascript. *Essentially jsut the ani and state. *This is then converted to an 850 (order type from Ameritech) and sent over our dedicated line to them. *A resonse is quickly sent back and displayed on the screen. * I want to bypass the html page and feed , oh a comma-separted-value or whatnot, file to the perl script, and then dump each response to another file. *After that, I can do whatever manipualtion is needed myself. *The one catch, is that only one request at a time may be issued. *

The brief history of the code is GE Information Systems (a division of the GE light bulb people) worte this all and stopped support 3months afterward. *So my boss has bastardized the code periodically over the past 4 years. *So poor codemanship is apparent to even me (like in the perl).

Snip snip --
    The code is too big (perl script mainly) do you want me to mail you?

Sure, I'll take a look at it as soon as I have time.