Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Code analysis software?

Thread: Code analysis software?

Hybrid View

Code analysis software?

I'm a grader for a Computer Science class at my University and I would really like it if I can find some software to assist me in grading these assignments. They are done in C++.

Does anyone know of some good code analyzing software, especially if it pertains to this? What would be really nice is if there was something that could analyze code structure and see if there are any possibilities of cheating. I would always, of course, check with my own eyes to make sure, but at least it would help me to pin point those persons' sources that look similar.

Re: Code analysis software?

If you're looking for students copying others, you might try using 'diff' on the source code or even the compiled files and look for files that are somewhat similar and inspect those files closer.

Vim 6 has a 'diff' mode which shows two documents and highlights where they are different.

The problem is that diff doesn't look at structure. It doesn't take much to change function and variable names. I don't think that any student is stupid enough to just copy code line for line.

The problem is that diff doesn't look at structure. *It doesn't take much to change function and variable names. *I don't think that any student is stupid enough to just copy code line for line.
    Use vim in vertical split mode and scroll down.

vimdiff will not only show you what lines are different, it will also show you what parts of the line are different. If you have two students who you think copied, just do a "vimdiff file1 file2" and it'll show you everything