Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Learning php

Thread: Learning php

Learning php

hey all, I'm goig to start learning php, I was just wanting to find out any useful resouces for it anyone might have .. this is my first attempt at a web related language .. I'm lookin learn to tie code into a mySQL database .. (ya i posted a similar topic in Server, but this is more php related) .. well thanks in advance ..
    *Vagrant

Re: Learning php

Php and mysql web development. Best book I ever bought for that sort of thing. Steps you through basic to advanced php and mysql, steps you through compiling them your self, linking php and mysql databases. Really good book.

I'll chip in my usual DevShed link:

www.devshed.com/Server_Side/php go for the php101 lessons. A great intro to php/MySql, but you'll want a book to take it farther.

MySQL/PHP Database Applications by Jay Greenspan (of WebMonkey) and Brad Bulger.

Also, just ask me.