Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Programming on a Casio CFX-9850Ga Plus (calc)

Thread: Programming on a Casio CFX-9850Ga Plus (calc)

Programming on a Casio CFX-9850Ga Plus (calc)

Ok. Last yeat I bought a Casio CFX-9850Ga Plus graphing calculator from my school, and I've been learning to program on it.

One thing that I've just discovered how to use is the ':' operator.

As far as I can tell, the colon acts exactly the same as the newline character (as in, it separates different commands), except that it doesn't actually make a new line in the editor. Another major difference is that it significantly speeds up the program to replace all the newlines with colons.

The only real downside to this (that I can tell) is that you'd effectively be putting your program all on one line, and it's considerably harder to maintain the code.

Does anybody know why the colon operator magically makes the program run faster? Or if there are any drawbacks to using it instead of the regular newline characters?

Thanks

Re: Programming on a Casio CFX-9850Ga Plus (calc)

I have a predecessor to your calculator, a GFX-6700a if I'm not mistaken, and it doesn't display several lines on the screen at once, so the colon is the only way to seperate commands. I would guess that it made it to the newer models, and that's why yours has it. As for why there's a speed difference, that is beyond me.