Im trying to write a script/program to aid in the installation process for several different linux and unix install processes and i need to know how to create a script that will be run when the system reboots. Is there simply a directory that i can copy the script to so that it will be ran when the system reboots? If so, do you know what the directory is for any of the following (i dont know if it would be different):
Caldera eServer 2.3 and 3.1
RedHat Linux 6.2, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3 (beta)
SuSe Linux 7.0, 7.1, 7.2
TurboLinux 6.0.5 and 6.5
SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
SCO Openserver 5.0.6
Caldera OpenUnix 8.0
Basically on a few of these operating system installs there is a lenghty amount of installing that has to be done after the actual install. Im writing a program that prompts the user for whichever operating system is installed and then will automatically finish installing drivers, patches, test utilities, etc. I work for IBM testing hard drives and OS configurations with the different code levels of the drives.
There are a few times during most installs when the system needs to be rebooted and at that point i need the script (or another script) to resume upon rebooting of the system.
Thanks for any help you can provide!!
--Morphman, ever-curious linux/unix "junior"