Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Multiplayer Hack-like game?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Hack-like game?

Multiplayer Hack-like game?

I've been wanting to do something like a mud lately, but I don't like reading text. I've kind of gotten into the game Hack but it's a bit dull with one player. I was wondering if there was a game that combined the two. I don't see any reason there couldn't be. I think it would be fun as hell to mud with ascii graphics. So what's up with that?

Re: Multiplayer Hack-like game?

Search happypenguin ... they have an angband type mud (ascii hack and slash mud).

Interesting. Where's happypenguin?

http://www.happypenguin.org -- the linux game tome

Thanks but that game is not quite what I'm looking for. I want a multiplayer game, like a mud. I've seen some hack servers but the players don't interact with each other. Surely there's something like what I'm talking about.

I don't think there are any nethack multiplayer games where you interact, just angband multiplayer/interact games. Why not code one?

I don't think there are any nethack multiplayer games where you interact, just angband multiplayer/interact games. Why not code one?
    http://www.happypenguin.org/show?CrossFire

Now that looks promising. I was expecting something text-based but if it'll run over 28k, pretty graphics are even better. I've ran Starcraft over 14k with little lag so I would think this game will run fine. And there are internet servers for this. Just what I was hoping for. Now maybe I can laugh at my friend and his text-based muds. Thanks.

Now that looks promising. I was expecting something text-based but if it'll run over 28k, pretty graphics are even better. I've ran Starcraft over 14k with little lag so I would think this game will run fine. And there are internet servers for this. Just what I was hoping for. Now maybe I can laugh at my friend and his text-based muds. Thanks.
    I don't know, I haven't tried it.

By the way, after much hell, I got Crossfire working. That is a damn cool game. It does lag considerably with 28k (would probably be good in 56k) but I play it anyway. I'm used to lag.