Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

WineX
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WineX

Good Guru

WineX

I bought online the WineX stuff. I am really impressed. I could never get wine to work right and now all of the games that had any support before work just beautifully!! Starcraft and Diablo 2 have been resurrected Now if Rogue Spear would just run.......

Re: WineX

I got the cvs version, and aside from some font problems (with write.exe as a test) it seems to run fine. Now if I could just figure out why Populous: The Beginning doesn't find the cd .... or a no cd crack.

Can somebody give me more info on winex? I would like to get my Halflife and such to work, along with diablo2....

Can someone post a link to where we can download WineX. I'd like to give it a try.

http://www.transgaming.com/sources.php

This one ?

But please reconsider the use of Windows Emulation, this not pure and good... Rather it's evil and filthy !!!

> NON-FREE >

yes I understand this, but I will want to be able to play my cool windows games in linux, and not have to boot into wintendo, which isn't free either, and more evil.....

Associate

i havent gotten counter strike to run yet.
    i'm also using winex.
    anyone got it running?

Good Guru

Well here, if you want the rpm of the non free version, I can send it to you. However I need the Boy Scouts honor that if you use it you at least sign up for ONE measley month. You pay for one and get one free.

Lest see -- the free version sucks alot since it doesnt do safedisc. Half life and Diablo 2 work like a charm on my box. The one game (series) that I despartely need to get working is Rogue Spear. Starcraft and Castle Wolfenstein work fine for me. Email me if you want it.

Oh -- Lovechild -- I agree that emulations sucks since it will never be perfect, but the chances anytime soon of use getting native ports of Starcraft or Diablo are slim to none. I dont want MS on my box, and this is a way to get arounf that. Plus Transgaming is trying to get more companies to go native (via winex's developers pak). If I have a choice I buy Linux, otherwise as for Blizzard's titles I will only choose Windoze since they dont believe in Linux.

Fucked up circle I say

Good Guru

Oh one thing I forgot, they arent gonna go apeshit gerring HL:Counterstrike to work 100% since there is a Linux ver comming out shortly. Half Life One works beautiful, not CS. I havent tried CS yet (although I do own it).

Simply put, Transgaming isnt going to wast effort on something someone else is doing. I felt like that may not be well known here.

SpookyEddy wrote this:

http://www.techimo.com/forum/t5984.html

i urged him to put a PET here but we need to test it first...