Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

101 to gaming with your video card

Thread: 101 to gaming with your video card

101 to gaming with your video card

Hi I need like a 101 to gaming with your video card...

I have my ATI Xpeter@Play 98 or something similar like that and I have X Configured but I have tried to get Tuxracer and foobillards and some other games and I get some error messages and I am not able to play these games....

I think I have to setup my video card to play these games... *What do I actually need to do?

BTW once I get this up and running what versions of Quake are free and where can I get them?

Re: 101 to gaming with your video card

hi gmoreno,
    you probably don't ave openGL or glut installed, i have a nvidia card, lovechild has an ATI card.
    i do know you want xfree86 4.2

dri.sourceforge.net

Once dri is setup, you can start with the games.

You can start with the games assuming that card has opengl support. I'm not sure that it does.

I Need to upgrade X how can I do this in Debian? Where can i get the .deb files?

hello,
    i got the binary packages from www.xfree86.org - they did not have xfree86 packages. it was real easy and did not take too long.