Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Frozen Bubble's awesome!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frozen Bubble's awesome!!!

Re: Frozen Bubble's awesome!!!

[quote author=segfault link=board=8;threadid=1619;start=0#12533 date=1023044867]
    I had a problem when compiling from source that my perl_SDL version was too new. I know other people have had this problem too but I've been unable to find the older version of perl_SDL that I needed. The problem was that a function (Or whatever you call it) was taken out in newer versions and Frozen Bubble required it. Thats why it crashes when you try to get past the main screen.
    [/quote]

Okay, its been corrected in the latest version. Like the new 'color blind mode' feature. Quite clever

Re:Frozen Bubble's awesome!!!

there is a level 49?? omg... i was thinking i was the ____ for making level 15...

Good Guru

I made it up to the low forties. I had to quit due to sleep deprivation or party time and too drunk to see things clearly

Fun and addictive game!

[quote author=Schotty link=board=8;threadid=1619;start=0#12540 date=1023214779]
    Where are you at? I may be able to figure it out.
    [/quote]

I get this:

Code:
    black666@starbase:~/downloads/tarballs/frozen-bubble-0.9.3> make
    Can't locate SDL.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at -e line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

*** I need perl-SDL installed
    make: *** [dirs] Fehler 1
    black666@starbase:~/downloads/tarballs/frozen-bubble-0.9.3> locate SDL.pm
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/SDL.pm
    black666@starbase:~/downloads/tarballs/frozen-bubble-0.9.3>
    How can I tell "@INC" to look at the directory /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl ??
    What sort of variable is this?

Hello all, Frozenbubble looks good. and i would like to try it out. I have installed all the SDL libraries and am trying to install the perl-SDL lib. But i get an error about no OpenGL.o being found. I have everything from mesa execpt the development libraries. I also run a Nvidia card w/ the Nvidia drivers.

I read in the readme from Perl-SDL that i should DL the latest GLU 1.3 from SGI. All I can find on SGI's website is a GLX package and it says it's for X3.3.5-6 and i have 4.2 on SuSE 8.0.

Any ideas???

well it should work - i am playing frozen bubble with a nvidia card.

Good Guru

[quote author=Black666 link=board=8;threadid=1619;start=0#36918 date=1023382521]
    [I get this:

Code:
    black666@starbase:~/downloads/tarballs/frozen-bubble-0.9.3> make
    Can't locate SDL.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at -e line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

*** I need perl-SDL installed
    make: *** [dirs] Fehler 1
    black666@starbase:~/downloads/tarballs/frozen-bubble-0.9.3> locate SDL.pm
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/SDL.pm
    black666@starbase:~/downloads/tarballs/frozen-bubble-0.9.3>
    How can I tell "@INC" to look at the directory /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl ??
    What sort of variable is this?
    [/quote]

It would appear that the makefile needs to be modified. Edit the makefile, find the line with the problematic path, and fix it.

If you have problems, let me know, and Ill email it to you with the correction (since you just essentially told me where you really have perl installed. Oh, and rest assured there will be a breakdown of what I did I dont do handouts, I train.

Thnx so far Schotty.
    After many many hours of troubleshooting and installing nearly all versions of SDL and the SDL-libs from source or rpm I finally got frozen-bubble working.
    Unfortunately I can't play it because everytime I wanna start a game I get:

Code:
    Undefined subroutine &SDL::sdlpl::sdl_display_format called at /usr/bin/fb.pl line 158.
    Line 158 of fb.pl says:

[tt]my $tmp = SDL::sdlpl::sdl_display_format($surface->{-surface});
    [/tt]

I think I should give up ... it seems like this game doesn't like me :'( :-\