Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mandrake Linux 8.1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mandrake Linux 8.1

Re: Mandrake Linux 8.1

Anyone know how to get auto-mounting working on 8.1. My old 8.0 worked great, but with 8.1, I have to manually mount CDs, etc...
    Duplicating fstab settings from 8.0 did not help, still won't automount cds.

Anyone know how to get auto-mounting working on 8.1. My old 8.0 worked great, but with 8.1, I have to manually mount CDs, etc...
    The Mandrake user group at google has that answer; sorry I don't have it in front of me. If you are using KDE, the desktop icons for cdrom and floppy will mount/unmount media for you. That's how I am doing at the moment, and I rather like it.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/admin/amount4.html

I just love Mandrake 8.1. The installer is fantastic, and the basic little Standard Edition, $24.99 at Wal-Mart, comes with all the software I wanted.

;D Mandrake ;D

Mandrake's not bad, but it has it's faults. Personally, I like 8) Debian 8)

;D

Mandrake's not bad, but it has it's faults. Personally, I like 8) Debian 8)

;D
    I have a great deal of respect for Debian, but I find Mandrake to be easy and friendly. *I can install Mandrake with sound, X, printing and be on the internet with dial up faster than I can get a base Debian install in place.

And that includes the time it takes to drive to Wal-Mart and buy a boxed Mandrake set. * ;D

I have a great deal of respect for Debian, but I find Mandrake to be easy and friendly. I can install Mandrake with sound, X, printing and be on the internet with dial up faster than I can get a base Debian install in place.

And that includes the time it takes to drive to Wal-Mart and buy a boxed Mandrake set. ;D
    True, but where's the fun in that?