Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

debian Woody

Thread: debian Woody

debian Woody

I'm trying to install debian woody on a 133 on my lan. So I download the woody rescue and root then I boot up the installer. First thing is I want to install as much over the net as possible. Also I believe woddy has kernel 2.4.14 but the rescue disk says it has kernel 2.2.19 and doesn't the distro use whatever kernel comes on the disk. Ya i'm probably talking jiberish but I'm confused. Is there not a way to just boot up and install almost everything over the net. I don't like to have to make 10 disks

Re: debian Woody

So I download the woody rescue and root then I boot up the installer. First thing is I want to install as much over the net as possible.
    You'll also need to download drivers.tgz.

When you are installing, you'll need to tell it where to get drivers.tgz off your HD, and you'll be able to do the rest over the network. Simple as that!

Also I believe woddy has kernel 2.4.14 but the rescue disk says it has kernel 2.2.19 and doesn't the distro use whatever kernel comes on the disk.
    Yeah, when I first installed woody it set me up with 2.2.19, but it was trivial to upgrade to 2.4.12

I don't know what the latest version available is... I know it's up to at least 2.4.13 in woody.

I don't like to have to make 10 disks
    I only needed 2.

at distrowatch.com it said woody had kernel 2.4.14 with it and theres a hard drive in the computer but it has nothing on it so how can I put the drivers.tgz on it?

Ok, yes, I just checked, and the latest kernel available in woody is 2.4.14.

I don't know what your asking about the drivers.tgz file.

The two disks that you do absolutely need (rescue and root) do not have network access themselves, and they can't (it wouldn't fit on them). That's what drivers.tgz is for, it gives the installer network access. Thus, you must make drivers.tgz available on other media: hard disk, cd-rom, or floppy. If you choose floppy, you're going to have to make all 6 or so of the bootdisks.

That's just how it works.