Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Would like to try Debian.....

Thread: Would like to try Debian.....

Would like to try Debian.....

Hi all,

I would like to try Debian again. I noticed there are no ISO's available for sid. *Is it easy to install via ftp?

Thanks.

Re: Would like to try Debian.....

There are unofficial sid cdimages. Here's a list of mirror sites:
    http://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/d...ficial/MIRRORS

The problem is that there are 8 images (you don't need all of them though) and most of the times the images are outdated before they are even uploaded (esp. for sid) so if you have a decent connection ftp install makes more sense.

I apologize for the post, everyone.....I just noticed that I asked some of the same questions in a post below.

???

Is Debian easy to install? LOL!!!!

:P :P :P :P

Debian is easy to install if you know your hardware and just a little about Linux.

Debian was fairly easy for me to install. Not as easy, as Mandrake, for example, but it certainly wasn't "difficult"

Oh -- and I did the ftp install, it was sweet.

Actually, I've installed Debian before. I was just wondering if it's easy to install via ftp. I use Libranet (text install) and Red Hat (text install). I actually like the text installs.......

I apologize for the post, everyone.....I just noticed that I asked some of the same questions in a post below.

???
    Don't forget this one from LNO.;D

http://www.linuxnewbie.org/cgi-bin/u...4&t=014748