Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Automatic ESSID pickup

Thread: Automatic ESSID pickup

Automatic ESSID pickup

It seems that ESSID mode "any" doesn't automatically assign the essid, even if I am on the same channel. Maybe it's not supposed to... Is there a way to automatically connect?

Re:Automatic ESSID pickup

I've been using this script http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...398&page=1

You have to edit the script that's included in the download and change two really basic parameters (wireless device and home directory) and you're good to go.

When you run it, you'll be asked to choose from a list of available networks. Once you've chosen that network, it's added to your preferred list. Your preferred list is located in ~/.wifi-preferred so you can edit it anytime you want.

I added it to my startup programs in my Gnome Session, and it automatically connects me to anything that's on my preferred networks list when I log in. Works great!

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=4;threadid=10461;start=0#msg94189 date=1116614821]
    I've been using this script http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...398&page=1

You have to edit the script that's included in the download and change two really basic parameters (wireless device and home directory) and you're good to go.

When you run it, you'll be asked to choose from a list of available networks. Once you've chosen that network, it's added to your preferred list. Your preferred list is located in ~/.wifi-preferred so you can edit it anytime you want.

I added it to my startup programs in my Gnome Session, and it automatically connects me to anything that's on my preferred networks list when I log in. Works great!

[/quote]
    I've been using this script too. I had to modify it to use it with Gentoo but it's been working great for me.
    Only bug I've found it that the applet in the notification area just disappears when I click it(not sure what it is supposed to do)

I believe that's supposed to happen. When you mouseover, it tells you you're connected. It's meant to be a nice passive way to do it instead of having a big offensive popup that you have to dismiss.

I'm wondering, is gnotify scriptable? It would be REALLY neat to get gnotify to tell me I'm connected.