Thread: Working Woody ISO

Working Woody ISO

Does such a best exist? I downloaded a woody.raw file a couple days ago, burned it, and it asked me questions involving 2.88 (floppy is my guess). After getting past that it couldn't mount the CD ROM to get modules from. Has anyone managed to find a working version of this, if so where?

Re: Working Woody ISO

There were .raw images at ftp.kando.hu in the .7 directory.
    I don't know if they have been moved or taken down, but there are a good dozen directoriey off the root of ftp space. Happy hunting

You can just rename a raw to iso and burn away if you find them.

There is a different kernel comfig on each disk, or if you just get the first three images you can download a kernel config of your choice, boot, root, and driver disks on floppy for a jump-start and install the whole works from CD. Read up on dselect if you haven't been there.

Then from the Debian testing, or unstable to get the latest of this and that. It's quite an adventure. When I was playing around with it testing broke kmail and unstable fixed it

I downloaded a woody.raw file a couple days ago, burned it, and it asked me questions involving 2.88 (floppy is my guess).
    When it gives you the choice of 4 (I think) 2.88 images, choose the 3rd one. That worked for me. It wasn't a guess; I read it somewhere.

Good Guru

I burnt 7 and only the first one is good. So no ATA-100 or EXT3 stuff for me. But all I needed was just to start an installer. the rest is via FTP... so all is good...

I'm not sure it's worth downloading an ISO image for Debian Woody because it will be going stable soon (they've been saying this for ages, but the RC bugs are getting fewer). There's an article at www.debianplanet.org about new boot floppies and boot cdrom image - you might like to take a look.

Remember, you only need the base system and then you can just apt-get upgrade or apt-get dist-upgrade if you install using Potato disks...