Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Modem worries

Thread: Modem worries

Bogler

Modem worries

The plug (main socket) of my modem comes with a small white 1" square white label with some technical information on it. I have noticed that this is turning a sort of brown colour as if it has been scorched. It was white to begin with - should i be worried about this?

The modem is pretty much on all the time.

I have touched it and it's warm but not too hot, the colour is a bit disconcerting though.

I can't afford to be negligent as i have kids in the house,,,

Thanks

Bogler

JimH

Re:Modem worries

Probably nothing as long as it isn't getting really hot.

Might consider asking the manufacturer. Maybe this has been reported by other users.

Jim H

Spot

Re:Modem worries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogler
    I have noticed that this is turning a sort of brown colour as if it has been scorched.
    By chance, is there a smoker in your place? If so, that could be, at least partially, a reason for a brown hue. Oddly enough, smoke does tend to collect around magnetic/electronic fields, since there are particles in the smoke that are attracted to static.
    If not, it could be that it's just shi**y print media for the label.