Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SuSe 8.0 (on its way) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SuSe 8.0 (on its way)

Kind Mastermind

Re: SuSe 8.0 (on its way)

Someone has way too much time on their hands:
    http://www.suse.de/de/products/suse_...renzenlos.jpeg

Sweet...agreed, but sweet nonetheless.

I'm still looking for the German release date (please be around the seventh of April, please, please, please!!!!).
    Realease date in Germany is the 22th, too. And actually you'll be better off to purchase it in the States as the prices in Germany are 49.95 and 79.95 for personal and professional, respectively which at the current exchange rate is more than you'd pay in the U.S. Apart from that you might want to have the English manuals

SuSE is the first distributor to offer a game specially designed for kids: Tuxtype, a game with educational value.
    Not true. Tuxtype among other fun educational games are part of debian-jr for, what... 6 months?

Kind Mastermind

Realease date in Germany is the 22th, too. And actually you'll be better off to purchase it in the States as the prices in Germany are 49.95 and 79.95 for personal and professional, respectively which at the current exchange rate is more than you'd pay in the U.S. Apart from that you might want to have the English manuals
    Well, that stinks. *Since I live in Turkey and I will be in Germany up until roughly the 15th or so, I would prefer buying in Germany. *Oh, well. *That's ok. *I'll wait and then order it. *Or, I'll wait until Mandy 8.2 comes out and just buy it. *Who knows.

Cost really isn't an issue, since the shipping and handling cost will jack the price up until it is roughly on par with the Euro price. Plus, I would have it in my hot little mitts...you can't put a price on possessing the product, can you?

Thanks for the info, demian. *Cheers.

Well actually I might have been wrong with the release date. suse.de states it'll be availble "in the middle of April" so you might be lucky.
    ...you can't put a price on possessing the product, can you?
    How bout you send me a money order of the product price and I'll go and buy it and ship it to you for free?

does Suse have an update agent?
    Yes. YAST2, also updated on SuSe 8.0

just outta curiosity, what packaging system does suse use?
    i tried the eval copy but might be interested in owning the full anchellotta (typo?)

SD

Associate

AFAIK it still uses RPM

Good Guru

Unless 8.0 uses soemthing new -- yes a RPM system.

5 days to go

Good Guru

Kewl!

I am gonna be pissing money away soon......