Thread: Xandros Beta 2

Kind Mastermind

Xandros Beta 2

Anyone else get an email asking if you wanted to be a beta2 tester for Xandros? I just got an email the other day. They have a form that you have to fill out and email/fax them. I assume that it is a non-disclosure agreement of some sort. I printed it up but haven't looked at it yet. Any thoughts?

Re: Xandros Beta 2

Anyone else get an email asking if you wanted to be a beta2 tester for Xandros? I just got an email the other day. They have a form that you have to fill out and email/fax them. I assume that it is a non-disclosure agreement of some sort. I printed it up but haven't looked at it yet. Any thoughts?
    Non-disclosure for a Linux distro? That sounds wrong to me!

cga: I would guess it's more that you promise not to give copies to everyone, etc.

cga: I would guess it's more that you promise not to give copies to everyone, etc.
    ummmm, what they mean is, to give copies to everyone except
    LJR members! ;D ;D ;D

Kind Mastermind

Would you believe that it is actually a non-disclosure agreement? I can't discuss anything related to the product with anyone other than the Xandros or other users in the Beta test group. Plus, I can't copy it except for reasonable backup.

Since I am not a programmer, I think that I will agree to the license terms. I would like to give something back to the community, even if I can't discuss it .

Cripes, I APPLIED to beta test xandros (Corel & I have a long history). I guess I'm not gonna get a chance. Oh well............

I almost got an internship at their office in Ottawa. They were taking one student from my school, and I was ranked second freaking place! Soooooo frustrating. Anyway, from what I hear it's pretty much picking up where Corel left off, but making it better. Even though I wasn't their first choice, I might test it out someday.

Kind Mastermind

I almost got an internship at their office in Ottawa. *They were taking one student from my school, and I was ranked second freaking place! *Soooooo frustrating. *Anyway, from what I hear it's pretty much picking up where Corel left off, but making it better. *Even though I wasn't their first choice, I might test it out someday.
    I look forward to testing it out. I bought Corel Linux Deluxe years ago. I had a lot of problems installing it, but once it was installed, it worked great. I really have high hopes for them.

I look forward to testing it out. I bought Corel Linux Deluxe years ago. I had a lot of problems installing it, but once it was installed, it worked great. I really have high hopes for them.
    Corel had a LOT of potential. I still think it's a great learning distro, but it's way out of date. It's too bad they yanked the Linux community around so much, if they'd kept the community support, I think they would still be around. They dropped the ball badly when they didn't acknowledge their debt to Debian.

Cripes, I APPLIED to beta test xandros (Corel & I have a long history). I guess I'm not gonna get a chance. Oh well............
    yeah, me too....