Thread: GNU/LoveLinux 4.0-4

GNU/LoveLinux 4.0-4

It has returned from the dead...

And now it has -z combreloc (like prelinking, only for the whole system)

Next recompile will be 100% GCC 3.1

Re: GNU/LoveLinux 4.0-4

Do you ever post up the distro?

post up ?

And now it has -z combreloc (like prelinking, only for the whole system)

Next recompile will be 100% GCC 3.1
    is that an optimization flag??, can i compile glibc with that flag?? can you explainme please

is that an optimization flag??, can i compile glibc with that flag?? can you explainme please
    You need to compile your entire system with binutils 2.12 (.1 is out, haven't tried it) - then edit $SRC_DIR\ld\ldmain.c to say combreloc = true instead of false and just compile compile compile.

Oh and don't use prelinking on KDE at the same time - it will segfault.

I run KDE3 non prelinked now, and it's just as fast af before, only a lot safer.

Ok im lost here, ive build a LFS system before following the LFS book, so how do i build a new one with combreloc??, i build the chapter 5 normally and edit the file before i begin compiling the chapter 6?? or edit the file before compiling binutils in the chapter 5?? or compile binutils in the chapter 5 and then edit the file and continue compiling the rest of the chapter 5 with the file edited??.
    Sorry but im totally lost
    ???

Okay here's what I did.

First remember to downgrade autoconf to 1.5 because 1.6 is crap and won't configure/compile QT or KDE.

Then just for every chapter start with 5 - where you have to compile binutils, remember to make the change in the code and then just follow the "cookbook" as usual.

And then NO PRELINKING WHAT SO EVER... do you understand, your Linux will seg fault I promise you that.

LFS 3.3 will have all the package you need, including Binutils 2.12 - but you might want to download the diff. for the bug fix edition 2.12.1 before you go ahead with the chapter 5+6 compiling, it should be "safer"

Gentoo users can do this :
    http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/ge...ay/023203.html

oh and Gaenya, the Gentoo link also has USEFUL optimizations for KDE and QT listed.