Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Any one get the NVIDIA drivers working in RH 7.2?

Thread: Any one get the NVIDIA drivers working in RH 7.2?

Any one get the NVIDIA drivers working in RH 7.2?

Has anyone managed to get the Nvidia drivers to work in Redhat 7.2? *They don't have a .rpm file for it, so I downloaded the .tar files, but I can't seem to *get the Nvidia_kernel file compiled. *

Here is the message I get when I run [tt]make[/tt]:
    Code:
    In file included from nv.c:50:
    /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use kernel-headers system headers,
    /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but rather headers from an appropriate kernel-source package.
    /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:3:2: #error Change -I/usr/src/linux/include (or similar) to
    /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:4:2: #error -I/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/include
    /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:5:2: #error to build against the currently-running kernel.
    make: *** [nv.o] Error 1
    Any ideas?

Re: Any one get the NVIDIA drivers working in RH 7

looks like your kernel is too old .. do a ls -la /usr/src/linux and look if the links points to the newest kernel ..

Good Guru

Yeah, I just fucked up my RedHat 7.2 rig by triying a few things that werent supposed to be. *In the end I just reinstalled. * The VERY FIRST thing I did was download the two tarballs and compile and install them.

I always have a Mozilla window open to the readme on their webpage. I then follow to the letter all of the options in a xterm.

And do it all as root. the module needs to be loaded as root. That may have been part of your problem

that happened to me - then i realized i had not installed my kernel source. after there was no problem.

I just got the nvidia drivers working with a tnt 2 pro in redhat 7.2
    I used the source rpm files just need rpm --rebuild whatever.src.rpm then it puts them in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ then I installed them normally from there. I finally gave up on the voodoo 2 and bought a cheap tnt 2 pro 32 meg at computer fest in toronto this weekend. Works pretty good for 40 canadian dollars