Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fluxbox 0.1.5

Re: Fluxbox 0.1.5

I don't like the tab feature but overall I think its a good port of BB. It'll rock when the next BB is released.

I think they should call it a blackbox patch. I don't think there is enough difference to call this a "code fork". I tried out fluxbox and it actually crashed when I tried to load a dockable "slit" app. I have tried numerous other window managers and this one is the first to really crash and dump me back at the console prompt. Anyway, now I use blackbox 0.61.1 because I was able to find a patch that keeps all open windows iconified even if they're maximized. I read on another post fluxbox does this, but blackbox doesn't have this implemented by default...you gotta patch the source code...without the patch a little too difficult to access minimized windows imo. Anyway, i suggest bbkeys and bbkeysconf for your keybinding needs. However, for cpu monitoring you can forget about bbsload, it sucks. I use gkrellm with only the cpu monitor, docked in the "slit" and resized to about 12 pixels high. Anyway, blackbox rules...fluxbox...whatever.

I'm downloading this also seams to be alot better then kde pretty new to the desktop env. of linux so will be fun to try out.

Associate

I tried out fluxbox and it actually crashed when I tried to load a dockable "slit" app. *I have tried numerous other window managers and this one is the first to really crash and dump me back at the console prompt. *
    that stinks > . i've run several dock app programs in the slit & haven't had any problems...it seems that i have had problems with the latest release 0.1.5, concerning typing in text boxes -- i've been using 0.1.4 for several weeks now & enjoy it...I do like blackbox & will prob. switch back to it whenever I find a patch to enable window tabs...i just love those things...they're so handy when you have numerous windows open...
    sorry it doesn't work for you... :-/
    use what you like ;D that's my philosophy...
    dave