Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fluxbox 0.1.5

Re: Fluxbox 0.1.5

I installed the Slackpack - no problems.

Seems to be just Blackbox to me though. ???

That's a freakin hot screenie.

What has everyone's experience been like with this wm so far?

IMO its basically Blackbox 0.62, only since someone else developed it, its got a different name.

Still messing with it, but the taskbar now has "icons" of active programs which make it easier to get to your programs. I think there is some enhanced keybinding, and other stuff. You can import your blackbox menus and themes.

Each window has a little tab at the top which identifies the program. I'm not sure I like that, but overall it is an improvement on Blackbox.

binary_boy...what's all that running in the slit? It seemed like gkrellm at first, but upon closer inspection it's a whole lot of stuff. I've only had LICQ running in the slit before, but I like how all those things look.

I've decided to try it out. Can anyone link me to a tutorial on how those keybindings work? They don't talk about it much here but I figure there's probably another program that uses the same stuff.

Nevermind. I found where they talked about it more on the site. I'm disappointed that you can't make a key sequence to close programs though.

binary_boy...what's all that running in the slit? *It seemed like gkrellm at first, but upon closer inspection it's a whole lot of stuff. *I've only had LICQ running in the slit before, but I like how all those things look.
    Various dockapps. Check them out at http://www.bensinclair.com/dockapp/s...p3?show=images

When I run Blackbox (Fluxbox) or WindowMaker I run dockapps instead of Gkrellm.

Nevermind. I found where they talked about it more on the site. I'm disappointed that you can't make a key sequence to close programs though.
    If you could figure out what event is triggered when a window is closed (easy to do...just hunt down the code), it would be trivial to bind a key to it. In fact, that's a good idea that I just might do if I wasn't so lazy Oh how I love free software!

If you could figure out what event is triggered when a window is closed (easy to do...just hunt down the code), it would be trivial to bind a key to it. In fact, that's a good idea that I just might do if I wasn't so lazy Oh how I love free software!
    True in theory. But in practice, I've found that stuff is often harder than you'd think. For instance, you'd think that the Bourne shell would be pretty simple. It's like 30 files.