Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mouse Cursor Speed

Thread: Mouse Cursor Speed

Mouse Cursor Speed

I just purchased Logitech's Cordless Freedom Optical mouse and keyboard set. The mouse cursor is very fast. I believe there is a setting for Xconfig that will reduce the speed. Does anyone know the correct entry? Thanks.

Re: Mouse Cursor Speed

I don't know about any settings for use in Xconfig, but when you're in X, running whatever wm/de you might be using, you can type 'xset m Y' in an xterm (or whatever terminal emulator you have) to set the speed of the mouse acceleration (the 'Y' stands for the number; for example, putting in 5 would make your mouse go five times as fast as it normally would without any acceleration). If you're using KDE, there should be menu options to decrease the speed of your mouse.

Other than this, I'm afraid I can't be of too much help (maybe there's something in the manpages that can help you out).

Perhaps I should search first. Gnome has a mouse sensitivity adjustment as well. Thanks for your help.

no problem...

I just wish I could've been a little bit more useful, though.

hello,
    xset m options will do the trick - i don't how to set this in your XF86Config file, you could put it in another one of the X setting files, I put stuff like that in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0
    hth

And oh - I forgor to welcome you to LJr Hamond ! Welcome Hamond! Looks like you know a bit about linux

And oh - I forgor to welcome you to LJr Hamond ! *Welcome Hamond! *Looks like you know a bit about linux *
    Well thanks! I'm glad to be here ;D

Yea, I've been tinkering with it off and on for the last 2 years (I don't really count the first 5 months of that time since I had been using Mandrake; ick). As it stands now, I can stay afloat 85% of the time without asking for help, but every now and then... :

Well, let's just say that forums like these can be useful every once and awhile.